Welcome! This blog is meant to keep track of the different ideas I have to incorporate into my 5th grade classroom.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Motivate Your Students!

I've decided to have my students use this web site: Auto Motivator to create motivational posters. We are going to take pictures of students in different locations through out the school such as the lunch room, hallway, bathroom, bus, playground etc. Then we will write down some basic rules that need to be followed in each of these places. We will then put the posters into a slide show. I made two quick examples of posters with my own images just to try out the site. You do not need to register and the process was very easy. The image can be downloaded right to your computer. I love it when I find easy Web 2.0 tools like this one. I'll post the slide show when we have it all finished!

I'm sure there are many other uses for this tool. Pictures of students with a quote from them on a current event or issue would be neat. The principal or teacher giving some positive reinforcement, or how about encouraging words from parents written on a poster with the parent's picture on it. Share your ideas if you have any!

No comments:

Post a Comment